About Us

About Us

About the Lodge

Located in Edward Street, West Bromwich, Tibbington Lodge was given its Warrant of Constitution on the 4th of May, 1927  and was subsequently consecrated later that same year on the 7th of November.
It falls under the Province of Staffordshire, one of the 48 provinces within the British Isles that fall under the jurisdiction of the United Grand Lodge of England.

Hall Stone Lodge

About Hall Stone Lodges:

After the end of the Great War, Prince Arthur, His Royal Highness the Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, the MW Grand Master at the time attended a Grand Lodge meeting at the Royal Albert Hall where he expressed his wish to establish a memorial to the 3225 Brethren who laid down their lives during the war. This memorial was prop osed to be a central home for the Craft with its site in London. This site would be known as Freemasons Hall in Great Queen’s Street in London.
To fund this, money was raised from individual Brethren, Lodges and Provinces. 1321 Lodges who made significant contributions towards this fund of £ 1 million had their names and numbers recorded at the entrance of the building.


The Hall Stone Jewel:

The Hall Stone Jewel is conferred on a Lodge by the Most Wor. the Grand Master. The jewel is pendent from its collar by the Square and Compasses. The centre is a winged figure representing peace bearing a Temple.
It is a memorial to those Brethren who fell in the four years of World War I. The whole is circumscribed by a Laurel Wreath bearing the dates 1914 - 1918.
This jewel is worn by the W. Master of Tibbington Lodge at every meeting.

Lodge Warrant

The warrant dated 4th May 1927 was given under the authority of the Grand Master - Arthur William Patrick, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter. It ends with the stricture 'It being our will and intention that this our Warrant of Constitution shall continue in force so long only as you shall conform to the Laws and Regulations of Our Grand Lodge.'

Lodge Banner

The banner is beautifully embroidered in rich gold and blues. The Squared Pavement bears a central pedestal on which is an open Volume of the Sacred Law. The Perfect Ashlar and Working Tools are shown in the foreground. The All Seeing Eye looks down with the Rays of Heaven on the column-flanked central medallion, on which is shown the old Parish Church of Tibbington -  now Tipton.

Medallion Church

The Church of St. john, Summer Hill, in Tibbington 'Ward was formerly the Church of St. Martin the parish Church of Tipton. Its foundations are believed to date back to A.D.900.
Share by: